What it is: The next-generation infant bassinet box designed by one of the country’s leading safe-sleep experts. Inspired by the Finnish tradition that started in 1938.
Where it’s made: Smitten in ethically made in the USA by manufacturers who treat their workers well.
How The Smitten Baby Box is Different
The Smitten was developed by child safety experts and researchers at two leading Michigan universities to help reduce the risk of SIDS in newborns.
- Slanted sides encourage better airflow
- It carries a higher weight rating than any other bassinet box on the market
- No lid means no worries about a caregiver or older child placing the lid over a sleeping infant
- BPA-free handle inserts protect little fingers from sharp cardboard edges
Each Bassinet Includes:
- 1″ thick, custom-cut Certi-PUR foam mattress
- A BPA and phthalate-free waterproof cover
- A 100% cotton, fitted sheet, machine wash and dry
- For infants 0-6 months old
- Easily moves from place to place
- Designed by one of the country’s leading safe-sleep experts
- Slanted sides promote better airflow
- Made from breathable, eco-conscious, & non-toxic materials
- Safety tested by researchers at a leading Michigan University
- Prominent safety lUniversitysures all caregivers know how to keep baby safe
- 100% Made in the USA
- Ships flat & is easy to assemble
- Made from 30% post-consumer recycled corrugate
- Waterproof, soy-based, Certi-PUR certified mattress
- When assembled: Top: L31” x W19.5” x H11” – Bottom: L 27.5” x 16.75
Buy One – Give One
Keep your little one safe and help other families do the same. Choose “buy one, give one” in the Smitten Shop and we’ll send a Smitten to you and a family in need.