What it is: The next-generation infant bassinet box is designed by one of the country’s leading safe-sleep experts. Inspired by the Finnish tradition that started in 1938.
Where it’s made: Smitten is ethically made in the USA by manufacturers who treat their workers well.
How It’s Different
Developed by child safety experts and researchers at two leading Michigan universities, Smitten baby box helps reduce the risk of SIDS in newborns.
- Slanted sides encourage better airflow
- It carries a higher weight rating than any other bassinet box on the market
- No lid means no worries about a caregiver or older child placing the lid over a sleeping infant
- BPA-free handle inserts protect little fingers from sharp cardboard edges
Each Bassinet Baby Box Includes:
- 1″ thick, custom-cut Certi-PUR foam mattress
- A BPA and phthalate-free waterproof cover
- A 100% cotton, fitted sheet, machine wash and dry
- For infants 0-6 months old
- Portable from place to place
- Designed by one of the country’s leading safe-sleep experts
- Slanted sides promote better airflow
- Made from breathable, eco-conscious, & non-toxic materials
- Safety tested by researchers at a leading Michigan University
- Prominent safety labeling ensures all caregivers know how to keep baby safe
- 100% Made in the USA
- Ships flat & is easy to assemble
- Made from 30% post-consumer recycled corrugate
- Waterproof, soy-based, Certi-PUR certified mattress
- When assembled: Top: L31” x W19.5” x H11” – Bottom: L 27.5” x 16.75