Smitten Bassinet Design
designed with your baby in mind
From choosing the safest materials made by socially-responsible companies to conducting usability studies with real families, the Smitten Baby Box prioritizes your baby’s safety. Its portable design makes safe sleep convenient and an easy choice for caregivers.
Born from a research collaboration between two of Michigan’s largest universities, the Smitten Baby Box is more than a box. It’s a cutting-edge technology designed by one of the country’s leading child-injury prevention specialists, pediatricians, and packaging experts.
After three years of development, collaboration, and rigorous testing, Smitten is the baby box that puts infant safety research at the forefront.
The Smitten Baby Box is made in the USA by companies who take care of their employees and improve their communities, so you can feel good about your purchase while keeping your little one safe.
With the Smitten Baby Box, your baby will sleep safely and soundly every time, everywhere.
smitten baby box highlights:
- Safe. Designed by one of the country’s leading infant safety experts. Meets all pediatrician guidelines for safe sleep.
- Easy to use. Smitten weighs just 2lbs but can carry 100lbs, so you can move it around your home with ease
- Simple assembly. It takes families an average of 2 minutes to pop their baby box together.
- Sustainable. Made from recycled corrugate. Easily reused for years. Pop it in the recycling bin when you’re done.
- Ethically made. Our baby boxes are Made in the USA by manufacturing partners who treat their workers well.
- Sleep for 6 months. Play for years. Infants can sleep in the baby box for up to 6 months, the riskiest period for SIDs and suffocation. Then, convert Smitten into a toy chest, laundry basket, or imagination station.
Your Smitten Baby Box is made from the best.
- All components proudly made in the USA
- Sustainable – once your little one grows out of Smitten, recycle or repurpose it
- Made of non-toxic, safe materials
- Mattress meets the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s bassinet standards
- Mattress repels liquid and prevents mold and bacteria growth.
- Sheet is made of 100% cotton
- Safe, non-toxic printing ink
Backed by science. Tested for real life.
- Carrying capacity: The average carrying capacity of Smitten is 99.6 pounds before compromising the bassinet’s integrity.
- Diaper leaks and spills: Before a series of strength tests, we poured 40ml of water into the bottom of the box, allowed it to sit for 5 minutes, and wiped it dry. This simulates the average bladder capacity of a 24-week old, a parent going to get a towel, and cleaning it before placing baby in the box again.
- Humid conditions: Before testing, boxes were conditioned high humidity (80% humidity) and the average humidity of an air conditioned house (50% humidity) to simulate use in different environments.
- Real homes, with real families: We gave Smitten Bassinet to new parents to use in their everyday lives – with siblings, pets, full-time jobs, in-laws, and, well, “real life.”